February 3, 2012

Meatless Mondays

I'm back to running again and my stomach gets sort of queasy with any meat- especially red meat. For this reason we eat several meatless meals. Some are the usual suspects, some are altered and made up on the spot, and others I actually use a recipe as a jumping off point.
Quinoa chili- this is my go to recipe because we usually have everything in our kitchen or freezer and substitutuions are pretty easy as well.
Assorted Pizzas
Spaghetti
Peanut sauce (over noodles and green beans, over rice with stir fry veggies) I use 1 TBS brown sugar and approximately 1 TBS minced candied ginger and follow the rest of the recipe as given.
Lentil stew- This is one of the make up and measure as you go. Main components- lentils, onions and carrots, tomato paste, steak seasoning, water
Grilled cheese and tomato soup

No comments: