January 24, 2012

there, I did it

Catching up is sort of daunting. Here's what I can contribute today.
Christmas was good. Our girls are wonderful and sweet. Christmas excites them but Santa doesn't spoil them. Audrey asked for a Barbie house and the wish was granted even before Christmas day. Caitlin asked for Barbies again and a beautiful dress. Wish granted as well. Olivia did not ask for anything but was quite pleased opening everything she could get her hands on albeit at a snails pace. (Art and Mary, she even opened a gift tagged for you. That will be coming to you anytime now)
New Years was spent in Michigan with my family and we celebrated a late Christmas that weekend as well. We started out by seeing the Pistons opening game- a loss followed by several more losses if you are keeping track of the abbreviated NBA season.
I got a fancy new Garmin watch for Christmas to keep track of my miles and pace during my runs. I am registered for another flying pig race this May and am buckling down on my training. Running is not hard it just takes me a while. I am getting slightly faster though.
David's company moved to a new building in Downtown Cincinnati. Two days in and he is still okay with the move. I think some of the office logistics- like the fact they do not have enough desks for everyone...?- seem off to me. On the upside, he no longer has to walk downtown or take a shuttle downtown because he is already there. His commute is a little shorter now. And they gave him a little goody bag.
Girls are still growing like weeds. Caitlin is working hard in school and is even reading some familiar sight words. Audrey is talking more and more and the stuttering is deminishing. Olivia is growing more teeth and has been walking for about 1.5 months.

No comments: