June 17, 2009

WWACW?


First let me point out that Anne Cropper doesn't even know that I am writing this. In fact, she probably isn't aware that I have a blog at all. We are not as one would say, "blogging friends" although I would not mind that one bit.
Anyway, WWACW? stands for What Would Anne Cropper Wear? I have been enthralled with Anne's personal style since we started working together quite some time ago. I still love it even though we have both moved on from Hall Advising days. A few personal faves are her rose earrings, her little red heels (often paired with jeans to complete an outfit), and her blue polk-a-dot shirt. Gosh, she just had it all together.
Let's just get one thing straight, Anne is about the size of my left thigh so it is pretty much impossible for me to look just like her. And... that would be a little creepy too. Maybe just about as creepy as devoting an entire post to her...
So, I have my brothers wedding coming up in September and I would like to look a little less "frump mom" and a little more put together "total package" like. So I asked, WWACW? I think I might have come up with something. It is an outdoor garden wedding.
My outfit started with the earrings. Since I have been covetting them since I saw them on Anne's lobes I decided to get my own pair in a rocking fuchsia. You can see them here, http://darlybird.com/darl29.html, (If I were really cool, I'd know how to make this link active) if you would like. Then I thought of colors that would work well with fuchsia and I settled on a vibrant spring green. I found this dress at Coldwater Creek (on sale none-the-less!) and decided it would be mine. I'm pretty sure I'm in love with it. It even got me past the Bare Naked Ladies saying it was cruel. I thought it would look great with fuchsia toes peeping out from some creamy peep toes.
So, thanks Anne for being an icon for me without even knowing it. I probably will still be in my pajama pants until noon today but when September rolls around, I can look great.

7 comments:

Anna said...

Ha! That is great. I think she has fun taste too. Sounds like your outfit is going to be great!

Shauna said...

Since I am living in the croppers ha apartment, I often look into my closet and wish anne's clothes were here still instead of mine. The thing I love best about anne was her aweseome attitude. I have heard so many wonderful things about her since moving into 19. Not only are they big shoes to fill, but CUTE too :)

Lessa said...

Don't we all wish we could have Anne's style? It sounds like you'll be looking GREAT for the wedding. You'll have to post a picture once September rolls around.

Mrs. Cropper said...

oh my gosh, Emily, you are too funny. I am dying laughing all the way through this! And I think your outifit is going to be PERF! (and thanks for the love! you honestly made my week!)

p.s. will you be my blogging friend? :)

Brooke said...

Hi Emily! Fun to find your blog through Anne. I love this post. I could have written the exact same thing myself. For a long time I didn't even know Anne and Taylor's names, I just saw them in the ward and referred to them as "that really beautiful couple" and everyone always knew exactly who I was talking about!

Nicole Douglas said...

Emily! I clicked through to your blog from Anne's to--I loved this! My sentiments exactly...Anne should start a consulting business! I, too, often think WWACW without even realizing it. Thanks for what you wrote...it always makes me feel better to hear from other moms who are doing their best to get through the trials and blessings of motherhood. You will look so awesome! Hope all is well!

Vicky said...

Emily, you're not alone! I would also love to see a picture of your September outfit! I think it sounds lovely!