May 20, 2013

Audrey's update


Audrey is done this week and has made remarkable progress in school.  We originally decided to do 2 years of preschool with Audrey to help with speech therapy costs.  Our insurance covered 20 visits/year and then the out of pocket costs for one visit was only about $50 less than a month of pre-school costs.      When she was evaluated, she passed the threshold help and did not qualify for school speech services.  I was happy that she was not too far behind but a little bummed we did not qualify for services.  I talked to her teacher and the speech pathologist at the school and put Audrey on the radar.  Her teacher has been great about tracking Audrey's progress and helping out here.  I believe she is making progress by watching and talking to her peers as well.  I just blogged for the first time since November... Do you really think I'm going to figure out how to fix the picture too?  I tried and failed, sorry.  

No comments: